Did you know only 4% of visitors convert during their first visit to your website? Remarketing campaigns help to fight those odds, giving you the opportunity to call back the other 96% of visitors who navigate from your site without converting. These campaigns help remind and convince visitors who weren’t initially ready to convert how your offer helps solve their problem. These people are an easier conversion because they have seen your ad before. You’ve already initially paid for them to get into the funnel, so why not continue the path and convert them cheaply?
So what exactly is remarketing? Essentially, it’s reminding people what they were looking for and giving them exclusive offers they didn’t see the first time around. If you’re already advertising on Google, adding a piece of Google remarketing code – also known as a tag – to your site enables visitors to be added to your remarketing audiences through browser cookies. You have the ability to customize the code for different pages to correspond to more defined categories, as well. The mass personalization is similar to targeting on Facebook, where you can segment your audience, create custom content based on their behavior and send them specific messaging. With remarketing, you have the option to segment ads based on a customer’s previous searches.
Let’s say you run an e-commerce site that sells shoes. You could choose to create a “high top sneaker” remarketing audience based on people who visit the pages of your site where you sell sneakers. That way, you can show these specific visitors highly targeted display ads that market your high top sneakers. You already know they are in the market for high top sneakers, and now you can draw them back with a special offer, such as “free shipping”.
Remarketing will not have value for emergency service industries, however, as the customer in these scenarios makes their decision immediately. Remarketing will not work for a purchase decision that has to happen right now. On the other hand, flooding recovery services is a category where you can set remarketing parameters on a 30/90/180 day basis. If a customer searches for emergency plumbing on Day 1, you can set your remarketing campaign so that on Day 30, they start seeing ads for steam cleaning. Changing your message depending on the length of time requires you putting yourself in the shoes of the customer. Think to yourself, where will they be in 30, 90, 180 days?
Here at Traffic Builders, our Audience Targeting specialists work to target customers based on their search behavior, through contextual targeting and remarketing strategies.
- Behavioral – Based on a user’s search history and content they have viewed we are able to formulate a behavioral profile. Using keywords designed to hone in on your ideal target we will make sure your ad is served to relevant users wherever they may go across the web.
- Contextual Targeting – Traffic Builders will showcase your client’s ad on relevant websites and web pages. This helps your client be seen while a user is interested.
- Remarketing – Traffic Builders is able to retarget visitors to your website. When someone visits your website we are able to display your ad on other websites they visit after yours for up to 30 days.
Click to find out more about how Traffic Builders utilizes remarketing campaigns, in conjunction with other Audience Targeting approaches to reduce marketing waste and get you more for your investment.